I made this recipe a few weeks ago and was surprised at how quick and easy it was! This dish took approximately 10 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to cook. It was beautiful straight out of the oven, which was especially great since I happened to have company over the first time I cooked it!
Currently, I only have a pre-cooked picture of the whole pan, since my hubby and daughter were eager to dig in right as dinner came out of the oven!
Did I mention my daughter LOVES the chickpeas in the recipe!? She’s not much of a dinner eater but she had seconds of the chickpeas, so I’ll count that as one in the win column!
Smoky Roasted Chicken Breasts with Chickpeas, Tomatoes, and Cilantro
Recipe retrieved from Taste Food Blog.
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4-5 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon regular paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons salt, divided
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 cup Greek yogurt
2-3 large chicken breasts, cut into half and pounded
2 cups grape tomatoes (about 1.5 pints)
1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzos), drained and rinsed
1 cup fresh cilantro sprigs, divided
1) Whisk oil, garlic, paprikas, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.
2) Transfer 1 tablespoon of the oil to another bowl and whisk in the yogurt. Set aside until serving.
3) Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet. Rub 2 tablespoons of the oil mixture over the chicken.
4) Place tomatoes, chickpeas, and half of the cilantro in a bowl. Add the remaining oil mixture and stir to coat.
5) Pour tomato/chickpea mixture onto the baking sheet, around the chicken.
6) Sprinkle with Salt.
7) Roast chicken until cooked through, approximately 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. It took 25 minutes for mine.
8) Transfer chicken to serving plates and spoon the bean and tomatoes over.
9) Garnish with cilantro and yogurt sauce.