This meal is one of my all-time go-to favorites. It takes minimal preparation for a healthy dish and still packs a ton of flavor. I use store bought hummus, but you could easily use your own hummus to make this a completely clean meal! I love that I can have this on the table for my family in under 45 minutes, from start to finish. It also ends in a clean kitchen!
Hummus Crusted Chicken
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven.
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half and pounded flat
salt and pepper, to taste
2 zucchini, sliced into 1-inch rounds (halved if too thick)
2 yellow squash, sliced into 1-inch rounds (halved if too thick)
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
1 cup hummus, homemade or store bought (I use garlic hummus!)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1) preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Prepare one large baking dish with cooking spray.
2) Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
3) In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash, and onion with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Place the seasoned vegetables at the bottom of the dish. Lay the chicken breasts evenly on top, then cover each chicken breast with the hummus so the entire top of the breast is covered.
5) Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and vegetables. Then, sprinkle the pan with smoked paprika.
6) Thinly slice the remaining lemon, and place the slices in between the chicken and vegetables.
7) Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
8) Serve immediately and enjoy!!