Sometimes I just want some simple, delicious chicken. This is especially the case when my side-dish is something slightly more complicated, like this Cheesy Broccoli Casserole. That’s when these boneless honey BBQ wings come in handy!
This is one of the few recipes I consistently make that I did not find on Pinterest. I found it a few years ago in Devin Alexander’s lovely book “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Fattening.” I actually bought this book for a friend as she is super busy but always looking for something quick and healthy to prepare. I skimmed the book a few times before
wrapping it throwing it in a gift bag and decided to pick myself up a copy as well! I was not disappointed (hopefully later this week I’ll post about another one of my favorite recipes from this book: Ravio-sagne!)
The secret to this recipe is all in the BBQ sauce, and I only use the best!
Boneless Honey BBQ Wings
Retrieved from Devin Alexander’s book I Can’t Believe It’s Not Fattening!
1/4 cut BBQ sauce (I use Stubbs: Spicy)
2 tablespoons honey
garlic powder, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
1.5 pounds chicken tenderloins
1 tsp olive oil
1) Combine the BBQ sauce and honey in a small bowl. Set aside.
2) Add the chicken tenderloins to a large bowl and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Shake to combine.
3) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Once hot, add the chicken strips side by side in a single layer. The chicken should sizzle when it hits the pan, or it’s not hot enough.
4) Cook the strips until they are lightly browned on the outside and no longer pink on the inside, about 3-4 minutes per side.
5) Turn the heat to low and return all wings to the pan. Pour the reserved BBQ sauce mixture over them and gently stir until they are well coated and the sauce is warm.
6) Remove pan from the heat. Let the wings sit in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.