Have I mentioned that I love Mexican food? I don’t know what it is, it is my go-to comfort food! One thing I get tired of, however, is plain-old-tacos. I like to use these Mexican Meatballs to spice up taco night at our house! Mix some ground beef with some cheese and Mexican seasoning and then bake! Finally, top off the meatballs with some Homemade Enchilada Sauce, which adds an extra dimension to the tacos as well!
Recipe adapted from I Can’t Believe It’s Not Fattening cookbook.
1) Preheat the oven to 400. Lightly mist a large nonstick baking sheet with spray.
2) In a medium bowl, mix the beef, cheese, and seasoning until well combined.
3) Use a tablespoon to create ~24 meatballs. Place them on prepared baking sheet so they do not touch.
4) Bake meatballs for 7-9 minutes, or until they are no longer pink inside.
5) Transfer the meatballs to a medium serving bowl and pour the sauce over top. Toss.
6) Serve in tacos, as a main dish, or as an appetizer for friends! (If serving as an appetizer, don’t forget the toothpicks!)