This Easter, I made an impromptu dinner. Originally we had planned on eating dinner at our dear friends house, but our daughter had other plans! When she woke up with a nasty cough and an elevated temp on this snowy Easter day, we decided it was best we kept her home. Therefore, I was left to make an impromptu dinner. Luckily, I was had one dish down since I had already made this Potluck Broccoli Salad the previous day. Therefore, all I had left was the ham and potatoes! That I can do!!!
So, off to the grocery store I went and found a pre-baked, pre-sliced ham. I threw that bad boy in the oven and whipped together this Maple Dijon Brown Sugar glaze. Dinner turned out divine!
Maple Dijon Brown Sugar Ham Glaze
Recipe adapted from No. 2 Pencil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 tablespoons corn starch
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1) Bring the maple syrup, brown sugar, mustard, pepper, and cornstarch to a boil, whisking constantly.
2) Let the mixture boil for 2-3 minutes, while continuously whisking, until the mixture starts to thicken.
3) Let the glaze cool for about 5 minutes.
4) Pour glaze over cooked/warm ham
5) Heat glazed ham under the broiler for 5-7 minutes, or until glaze has carmelized.
6) ENJOY! 🙂