Like many people, I’m scared of certain new things. One of those things? Complicated recipes. I once made a dijon chicken dish that took me two hours to make and at the end, it was far to heavy for me and I didn’t like it. At all. That may be why I hesitated to try this recipe for so long. I mean… so long. I think I put it on my menu for four consecutive weeks before I actually got the gumption to try it out!!
The results? A delightfully easy chicken that is full of flavor! This will be a dish I make again and again, although it may not make it on my “go-to” list of items as it is pretty saucy, and sometimes too saucy makes me feel like winter. I don’t want to feel like winter in summer. (I’m not the only one that does this… right!?!)
Anyways, don’t take my word for it. Try it out for yourself! And don’t forget to tell me what you think 🙂
Need a side dish to go with it? Try these roasted Lemon Garlic Brussel Sprouts!
Maple Dijon Chicken with Fresh Rosemary
Recipe slightly adapted from Table for Two.
1.5-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup Dijon mustard (I prefer Grey Poupon)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2) Line an 8×8 oven-proof pan with two layers of foil (the foil is important here as we will be thickening the sauce IN the pan, and it’s important the pan isn’t too hot!)
3) In a small bowl, whisk the mustard, syrup, vinegar, salt, and pepper together. Set aside.
4) Place the chicken thighs on top of the foil then top with the sauce.
5) Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes
6) Remove from oven and let the chicken sit for 5 minutes. Then, use tongs to transfer the chicken thighs ONLY to a plate.
7) Whisk the corn starch in with the remaining sauce in the foil-lined pan. Doing this will create a thicker sauce you can use to drizzle over your chicken. Do this immediately or the sauce will not be hot enough to thicken.
8) Pour the thickened sauce over the removed chicken thighs.
9) Sprinkle the chopped rosemary on top.
10) Serve and enjoy 🙂