I have been cooking a lot recently, I swear. I’ve just been too busy to post here about all the awesome recipes I’ve been cooking/trying!! I had that surgery one month ago yesterday. While I am SO HAPPY with the results of the surgery and am beginning to feel a major improvement in my body , I am not very good at recovering from surgery (AKA, I’m a huge baby). Therefore, the first week back at work I kept my meals simple and healthy. Since it will take another 2-3 weeks from now until I can resume my normal workout routine, I really needed to kick the healthy eating back into drive. Pinterest came to the rescue once again, this time with a delicious clean eating Chicken Stir Fry meal that was better than take out!! No joke!!
This recipe utilized 8 ingredients, one pan, and about 30 minutes of my time. In fact, I actually had another meal on the menu for the night I made this but I had to switch it up because I was feeling like a super simple meal and this was it.
Garlic Spinach Chicken Stir Fry
Recipe adapted from Clean Eating Recipes Blog
5 garlic cloves, minced
8-10 cups baby spinach
1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded and sliced
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white cooking wine (I used the non-alcoholic kind you can get in the grocery store)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
salt and white pepper to taste
1) Add the corn starch, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and cooking wine into a bowl and mix well. Then, add the pounded and sliced chicken breasts to the bowl and set aside.
2) In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon of olive oil over high heat.
3) Once the oil has become hot and starts to shimmer, add the chicken marinade and stir frequently until chicken is done. Turn heat off, remove chicken from pan and set aside (but keep warm!).
4) In the same pan, add another tablespoon olive oil. When the oil become hots, add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds)
5) Add spinach, and cook until wilted.
6) Once spinach is wilted, add salt and white pepper to taste
7) Add cooked chicken and stir for about a minute, or until everything is combined.
8) Serve and enjoy 🙂