When I made this new homemade marinara sauce a couple of weeks ago, I couldn’t get it off my mind. Therefore, when I stumbled across this stuffed zucchini recipe on Pinterest I just had to try it! Since I didn’t want to be stuck in the kitchen cooking marinara sauce on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, I stuck it in the crockpot and went about my day. Then, when it was time to prep the zucchini, it took about 20 minutes to put it all together. Not too shabby for a fancy looking dish!
This is definitely something I anticipate on making again. I have some leftover marinara sauce in my freezer, so I may make it again in the near future!!
PS. Sorry for the poor photos! I just wanted to get this recipe up on the blog as quickly as possible 🙂
Marinara and Goat Cheese Stuffed Zucchini
Recipe adapted from The Wicked Noodle
1) 4-6 ripe zucchini
2) 1 log of goat cheese, 4-5 ounces
3) 1.5 cups marinara sauce (I recommend this homemade version)
4) Chopped basil, for garnish
1) Preheat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with foil
2) Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place the zucchini on the prepared sheet
3) Using half of the goat cheese, sprinkle a tiny amount into the bottom of each zucchini. Place the marinara sauce on top, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
4) Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until goat cheese has softened and the marinara is bubbling.
5) Serve and enjoy 🙂